The series ‘Addressing Homelessness in Europe’ is the result of the work of the three thematic research groups of FEANTSA’s European Observatory on Homelessness that were set up to cover the
- The changing role of the state
- The changing profiles of homeless people
- The changing role of service provision
The Changing Role of the State - Welfare Delivery in the neoliberal Era is based on five articles produced by the National Correspondents of the European Observatory on Homelessness.
It includes the following chapters:
- The changing role of the state in relation to welfare and housing
- The social construction of homelessness
- Institutional and policy changes
- The role of NGOs, voluntary and 'third sector' agencies
- The European 'Social Model'
- Neoliberal ideology and homelessness