Webinar series on Peer Support in Homelessness & Health Settings
Organised by FEANTSA in collaboration with No Fixed Abode (Finland), Depaul (Ireland) and Neunerhaus (Vienna)
12, 13 and 14 of December (15:00 – 17:00 CET)
- Build knowledge on peer support in homelessness with a focus on health.
- Identify tools and means to include peers when working to improve access to healthcare for people facing homelessness.
- Identify and discuss challenges in accessing healthcare for people experiencing homelessness.
- Provide successful examples of peer-to-peer support in accessing healthcare.
- Create a space for exchanging knowledge, experiences and identifying solutions to overcome raised challenges in involving peers to increase access to health for people experiencing homelessness.
This activity is addressed to service providers working to improve access to healthcare for people experiencing homelessness by involving peer workers in the process. Professionals and medical doctors are also welcomed to join. Please choose your preferred sessions and register to join us in learning more about:
- Day one, 12 December - Peer Support in Homelessness & Health Settings. Learning the basics.
- Day two, 13 December - Insights into peer support in health settings, Peer support in COVID-19.
- Day three, 14 December - Going into specifics. Peer support & addictions.
Online meetings, 2 hours long, on Zoom where interaction will be facilitated.
We aim to increase access to healthcare for people experiencing homelessness through peer-to-peer support.
Why peer work?
✅Don’t feel judged.
✅Real understanding of the problems people face.
➡️Peer work = great results in working with people who struggle with mental health issues.